PDF Sewing Instructions for the Clubhouse Cushion, a giant floor pillow with zipper closure.
Clubhouse Cushion – PDF Pattern
This pillow first appeared in Issue 10 of One Thimble e-zine. The theme for the issue was Adventures. This immediately brought to mind Enid Blyton’s Secret Seven gallivanting all over the countryside on their bikes and sensible shoes before retiring to their club house to review the clues of their latest mystery. This giant floor pillow is inspired by those clubhouse meetings and would sit comfortably in your own cubby, fort or play space.
The finished pillow measures approx. 1 metre x 1 metre (40” x 40”) and 0.25m (10”) deep. It takes approx. 2 to 3 bags of bean bag beans to fill, depending on how firm you’d like it. There is an outer and inner cover so you can easily remove the outer cover for laundering without a whole lot of beans exploding all over your house.
Use a 12mm (½”) seam allowance throughout
- 2.5m (2.1yd) heavyweight denim or canvas / upholstery fabric
- 25 x (9” x 9”) squares in a mix of heavy woven fabrics
- 3m (3 yd, 6”) of polycotton or other cheap lightweight woven fabric (you could also use a single bed sheet)
- 1m Size 8 continuous zipper and pull (I bought mine on eBay)
- Scrap of quilt batting (5” x 12”)
- 1 x 25cm (10”) nylon dress zipper
- 2 x decorative buttons